October 18-19th Travel Days

by - October 21, 2018

After being back in the states for 2 months we are excited to get back on the road!  My Dad brought us to my brother Danny’s house in Hudson last night so we could ride to work with him this morning.    We woke up around 5:30 to get ready and then headed to the VA.  We then took the tram to the airport.  We ate breakfast at Ike’s and then got Dunkin Donuts.  We had no problem getting on our flight to Miami, but we were unsure if we would get on the flight from Miami to Buenos Aires.  Luck was on our side and we got on!  It was a long 8 1/2 hour overnight flight, but the flight attendant hooked us up big time with bloody marys!  We arrived around 6 AM and then proceeded to get ripped off by the taxi man.  We typically try to avoid using them, but we were so crazy tired we slipped up.  It was an hour ride to get to the Buquebus ferry port.  We sat and waited for the old owners of the truck to arrive.  Delirium from no sleep was setting in and we couldn't wait to sleep.  We checked in and went through migration for Argentina and Uruguay.  At 11:45 the four of us boarded the 1980’s decorated ferry along with about 100 other people.  It took just over an hour to get to the port in Colonia del Sacramento.  It was a bit of a cluster when we arrived.  We couldn’t drive the truck out of the port until we had proof of Uruguayan insurance.  We walked to three different insurance companies before we found one in our price range.  It was $30 for the month.  Then we walked back and all got into the truck and headed out for some much needed food.  We ordered milanesa chicken sandwiches, chorizo, and fries from a local food truck run by a local family.  It was delicious!  Then we went to a restaurant for a beer so we could use their WiFi and transfer the money to them for the truck.  After that we went our separate ways.  We headed out of town to find our first camping spot using the iOverlander app.  We found a beautiful place on a lake and made ourselves at home.  We washed in the lake(I’m going to miss those daily hot showers) and then walked to the beach on the Atlantic Ocean.  We went to bed fairly early as we were absolutely exhausted.


You May Also Like